SUBJECTIVE QUESTIONS OF HEMICHORDATA & CHORDATES
1.Describe evolutionary perspective of phylum Hemichordata.
2. Write phylogenetic relationships of Hemichordates, Echinoderms and Chordates.
3. Give general characteristics of phylum Hemichordata.
4. Describe classification of phylum chordata up to class.
5. Give classification of Chordates up to sub-phylum.
6. Give classes of sub-phylum vertebrata.
7. Discuss further phylogenetie classification of chordata.
8. How did evolution of chordates and vertebrates take place?
SHORT QUESTIONS OF HEMICHORDATA & CHORDATES
1. Why are tunicates called as invertebrate chordates?
Ans: Tunicates and a small group of fishlike cephalochordates lack a vertebral column.Therefore they are called the invertebrate chordates.
2. Give four basic chordate characteristics.
Ans: They have dorsal tubular nerve cord. Notochord is present in them. They have pharyngeal gill slits or gill punches. They have post anal tail.
3. Name the body parts of echinoderms.
Ans: Proboscis, collar, and trunk
4. Name the classes of Hemichordates.
Ans: Enteropneusta, Pterobranchia and Planctosphaeroidea
5. Name the subphylum of chordates.
Ans: Urochordata, Cephalochordata and Vertebrata.
6. Name the classes of sub-phylum Hemichordates.
Ans: Class Ascidiacea, Class Appendicularia (Larvacea), Class Sorberacea and Class Thaliacae
7. Name the classes of Subphylum Vertebrata.
Ans: Class Cephalaspidomorphi, Class Myxini, Class Chondrichthyes, Class
Osteichthyes, Class Amphibia, Class Reptilia, Class Ayes, Class Mammalia
8. What are two important characters of vertebrates?
Ans: Vertebral column and skull.
9. Give some examples of amphibians.
Ans: Frogs, toads, salamanders
10. Give three characteristics of class Mammalia.
Ans: Their bodies are partially covered by hair. They are endothermic. The young are nursed by mammary glands. They have amniotic eggs.
11. What are two common characteristics between chordates and
Ans: Dorsal tubular nerve cord. Pharyngeal slits of hemichordates.
12. What is paedomorphosis?
Ans: The development of sexual maturit in the larval body form is paedomorphosis.