MODEL SUBJECTIVE QUESTIONS:
- Describe process of photosynthesis.
- Write note on action and absorption spectrum.
- Describe non-cyclic phosphorylation.
- Describe cyclic phosphorylation.
- Describe cavine cycle.
- Give factors affecting the rate of photosynthsis.
- What is the concept of limiting factor?
- Define photosynthsis.
Ans: Photosynthesis (photo-light, synthesis-putting together) may be defined as the process in which the green plants synthesize carbohydrates from carbon dioxide and water, using the energy of sunlight.
- What are raw materials for photosynthesis?
Ans: The raw materials in this process are water and carbon dioxide. Water is absorbed by the roots from the soil in the vascular plants. It is transported up to the photosynthetic organs through the xylem. The carbon dioxide is absorbed by the aerial parts of the plants from the atmosphere.
- Differentaite between action and absorption spectrum.
Ans: A plot (graph) showing absorption of light of different wavelength by a pigment is called absorption spectrum. The plot showing relative effectiveness of different wavelengths of light in photosynthesis is called action spectrum.
- What are photosystems?
Ans: Photosynthetic pigments are organized into clusters called photOsystems. These photosystems absorb and utilize the solar energy efficiently in the thy lakoid membranes.
- What is Hill’s reaction?
Ans: The process in which NADPI-l1 and ATP are formed in the presences of light is called light reaction or photochemical phase of photosynthesis. It was studied by Robert So it is also called Hill’s reaction.
- Defien Principle of limiting factors.
Ans: It is stated that when man) factors affect on a process the rate of the process is limited by the pace of the slowest factor.
- What are the carbohydrates products of photosynthsis?
Ans: Accorchng Weevers the first carbohydrates were the hexoses. After that sucrose and later starch appeared. Thus ,the carbohydrates appeared in the order of their complexity.
- What is Vant Hoffs law.
Ans: According to this law the rate of chemical reaction doubles for every rise of 10°C.
- Name the electron carrier involved in non-cylic phosphorylation.
Ans: Plastocynin, Cylochrome C and plastoquine.