- The total kinetic energy of the molecules is called ___________
- The pressure exerted by the diffusing particles is known as
- The special type of diffusion in N% hich an ____ absorbs water
on its surface without dissolving in it is called imbibition.
- The movement of solvent Jnolecules from the region of higher concentration to the region of lower concentration through semi
permeable membrane is called _________
- The pressure exerted by the cell sap on the cell wall of plant cell
is called ________ pressure.
- The chemical potential of water is called water potential. The
total kinetic energy of the molecules is called _____ potential.
- The decrease in water potential due to dissolution of solute
molecules or ions in water is called_________ potential.
- The complex composite mass made up of both inorganic and organic, components containing water and air is called
- The amount of water retained by soil after the removal of excess
water by gravitation is called ________ soil.
- Capillary water: The water which fills the spaces between the
non colloidal smaller soil particles is called_______ water.
- The water level at some depth from the soil where all pore
spaces are filled with water is called _______ table.
- The transverse and radial cell walls of endodermal cells have
- The movement of water molecules through the adjacent cell
walls is called ________ pathway.
- The hydrostatic pressure generated in the root which forces the
water upward.in the stem is called ________ pressure.
- The attraction between the water molecules and the cell wall ofthe xylem cells is called ___________
16. deficit is the difference between the amount of water
vapour actually present in the air and the amount necessary to completely saturate it.
||4. osmosis 5. turgor
||9. field capacity