- Write note on genetic unity.
- Discuss cell as a unit of life.
- Discuss evolutionary oneness and diversity of life.
- Write note on different energy sources.
- Discuss chlids as an example of study in biology.
- Describe scientific method.
Multiple Choice Questions MCQs
Four options are given at the end of each statement. You should encircle one option from them.
- Microbes were discovered in microscope by:
(a) Leeuwenhoek (b) Hooke (c) Schwann (d) None
- Cell theory was formulated by:
(a) Leeuwenhoek (b) Schwann (c) Hooke (d) None
- The soluble part of cytoplasm is:
Fill in the blanks:
1. genes 2. nucleotides 3. Robert Hooke 4. DNA 5. Various
6. geothermal 7. entomology 8. ornithology
9. histology 10. Systematics 11. molecular
- Define evolution.
Ans: The formation of complex organism form simple organisms through gradual changes is called evolution.
- What is organic evolution?
Ans: Organic evolution is defined as “a change in population of organisms over time”.
- What is environment?
Ans: The environment includes other organism and nonliving factors.
- What are biotic components?
Ans: The living components are c3Iled biotic components. They are following biotic components: Producers, Consumer, and Decomposers.
What are a biotic component?
Ans: The non-living factors are called abiotic components. The non living factors includes, light, water, wind, soil, fire, temperature etc. Life does not exist in a vacuum.
- What is flow of energy?
Ans: The second major process in an ecosystem is a flow of energy from sunlight to photosynthetic life (producers) to organisms that feed on plants (consumers). The process of organisms interacting with their environment is essential to understanding life on all levels of organization.
- What are renewable and non renewable resources?
Ans: These resources are exhaustible. The resources which are never depleted and are recycled in the nature again and again are called renewable resources.
- What is embryology?
Ans: The study of the development an animal from the fertilized egg to birth or hatching is called embryology.
- What is Systematics?
Ans: The study of the classification and the evolutionary Interrelationships among animal groups is called Systematics.
- What is molecular biology?
Ans: The study of sub-cellular details of animal structure and function is called molecular biology.
True/ False (For Punjab University only)
Marks are True or False statement. Give correct statement if false
- The DNA is composed of smaller units called genes
- The DNA is divided in to triplet nucleic acids.
- The formation of complex organism form simple organisms through gradual
changes is called mutation.
The eukaryotic cells are sub- divided by internal membranes into many different functional compartments.
- The habitat includes other organism and non-living factors.
- The Jiving components are called biotic components.
- The study of the development an animal from the fertilized egg to birth or hatching is called ecology.
- The study of the classification and the evolutionary Interrelationships among animal groups is called Systematics.